Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a great weekend. We celebrated several things this weekend -- my nephew's First Communion, Mother's Day, and my brother's birthday. I made this card with these happy occasions in mind. I used the MFT Happy Thoughts set paired with some fun MME Lime Twist paper, and the layout is Jen's May Sketch for You to Try.


I took a couple liberties with the sketch -- I hope that's okay, Jen. ;)  I made the main circle a bit smaller to accommodate the sentiment, and I used several lengths of Cappuccino Twine in place of the narrow vertical panel. I like this clean design, suitable for any happy occasion.

Tip: Have some "generic" happy cards available in your stash, then customize the inside as needed to fit the occasion. It will save you from those last-minute card making sessions before you run out the door. ;)

Tomorrow is our monthly MFT DT Creative Challenge... and it was quite a challenge, I'm telling ya! I hope you'll stop by to check it out. Thanks so much for the visit today. :)

Have a great day!
Christina

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love the bold patterns and your button! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Tracey said...

This is such a happy and fun card Christina!! I love it! xx

Bev J. said...

Pretty-like the twine and button instead of the panel.

Jody Morrow said...

That is gorgeous. I LOVE it. The embellishments are perfect!