Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One More Dirty Card!

Hello! I have one last card to share from the SCS Dare to Get Dirty challenges. There wasn't nearly enough time to do all the challenges I wanted to do, so again I combined challenges on this card. I did Natasha's (aka Tashers) sketch challenge, and Carole's (aka TruCarMa) color challenge. If any of you know Carole's style, she loves bright colors. If you know mine, you know I don't. The colors for the challenge were Brilliant Blue, Real Red, and Yo Yo Yellow. I found out that I don't even have any Yo Yo Yellow cardstock, so I had to settle for Summer Sun instead.

I used two sets from Verve Stamps: Seeing Stars and Starlight Starbright. I added one more challenge to the mix, the Meet the Verve Divas Challenge to use buttons on your project. Where are the buttons? The stars are mounted on clear square buttons from SU!. For the rest of the card I added lots of layers, doodled around the image panel, Cuttlebugged the background, and added a row of star eyelets. I have to say that, although this isn't my usual style, I DO like it! Thanks for the color push, Carole! :)

Tomorrow is the ATS Wednesday Challenge. On Thursday, I'll start the previews of the August C.C. Designs stamps. Wait 'til you see them -- they're soooo cute!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by today -- have a great day!!

Stamps: Seeing Stars, Starlight Starbright (Verve Stamps) Ink: Basic Black (SU!) Cardstock: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun, Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!) Paper: Real Red Prints (SU!) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); oval punches, red brads, clear buttons (SU!); star eyelets (CTMH); black organdy ribbon (May Arts); black Gel Exel pen (Marvy); glue dots; dimensional foam

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

OH this is super duper cool Christina!! Love that you added black to the mix!! Cool buttons!

Alyssa S said...

Great card! Are CC Designs stamps anything but soooooo cute?!? :o) Looking forward to it!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

YOU are the rockstar! Look at this awesome card!!! You totally rocked the challenge!!

Rene Sharp said...

This is a really funky cool card, perfect for a teenager! Great job. By the way, love your blog, I check it out daily!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I love those stars mounted on the clear buttons. Great job using Carole's challenging colors!

Anonymous said...

Ok You are such a ROCK STAR !
that I might have to make this card and give it to you!
Just for old times sake!
way to break out of the box.
Love it perfect for those tween B-day parties and 40 + ones too.
Traci