Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Sketch Challenge and More Verve


Here's my card for today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. This was a fun one -- I don't think I have ever used a layout like this before. I used another set from Verve Visual -- Seeing Stars. The paper is from the Boxer 6x6 pad by BasicGrey. I stamped the large and medium stars onto the patterned paper, cut them out, and mounted them on dimensionals. The star eyelets are from Close to My Heart.

I have several graduation cards to make this year -- I think this will be one of them! Thanks for the visit today -- have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Seeing Stars (Verve Visual) Ink: Night of Navy, Old Olive (SU!) Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Boxer 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: red satin ribbon (May Arts), star eyelets (CTMH), stampin' dimensionals, horizontal slot punch (SU!)

9 comments:

Julia Stainton said...

This is gorgeous Christina! Love the quote and the way you put together the papers! Congrats on your PC pub! I just got my issue today! Your design looks fabulous!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, I love how you pulled all of the colors together, great job on the challenge :)

LeAnne said...

This is a great card!!! I love this Boxer paper and anything with stars is a hit!
LeAnne

Carolyn King said...

wonderful card---i love the combination of papers and patterns! great job with that sketch! this is awesome!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Perfect grad card, Christina! Love that new dp -- have yet to break mine out, but you're making me itchy to do so!

Susan (rainy) said...

Gorgeous card! Love the Verve stars and that wonderful sentiment.

Alexandra said...

This is a gorgeous card Christina - I love all the dp and the sentiment is amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi said...

This card is fantastic!!! I just might have to case this when I get those sets! :) Awesome!!

shel9999 said...

Fantastic, Christina!! Love those patterns. (I HAVE to get that paper.) I got my June/July PC today!! WOOHOO!!! I see you in there! :)